Sony introduces the LMD-1951MD 19" medical grade LCD monitor to its comprehensive display line-up. It offers a superb combination of newly employed LED backlight technology to reproduce brighter images along with a high quality SXGA (1280 X 1024) LCD panel. Designed to be used in both SD and HD systems, this new monitor also inherits an array of exceptional features from the popular LMD-2451MD including 10-bit signal processing to produce accurate and lifelike images, and enhanced viewing modes such as Picture-in Picture and Mirror Image.
The LMD-1951MD is equipped with a full range of inputs including Composite, Y/C, RGB/Component, HD15, and DVI-D inputs. Furthermore, the two built-in option slots accept a variety of option boards to offer ultimate flexibility including 3G-SDI input signal and DVI input/output capability to accept up to two DVI-D inputs and one DVI loop-through output allowing users to easily expand, select, and change input/output configuration.
The monitor can be operated with both AC and DC power sources depending on installation requirements (for DC operation, the optional AC-110MD is required). Its compact design and input flexibility allow the LMD-1951MD to be smoothly integrated into virtually any medical environment such as an operating room, examination room, or training lab.
The standard version of the LMD-1951MD can accept the following inputs: DVI-D, VGA Connector (HD15), Component/RGB, S-Video (Y/C), and Composite. In addition to these five inputs, up to two additional input boards can be installed to expand the LMD-1951MD's video input capabilities.
The following input boards are available:
|Video Board||Video Type||Specification/Standard||Input Connector(s)||Output Connector(s)||Factory Bundle|
|BKM-250TG||3G-SDI||SMPTE 424M||3G/HD/SD-SDI (x2)||3G/HD/SD-SDI (x2)||Not available|
|BKM-243HS||HD-SDI/SD-SDI||SMPTE 292M (HD-SDI)
SMPTE 259M (SD-SDI)
|HD-SDI/SD-SDI (x2)||HD-SDI/SD-SDI (x1)||LMD-1951MD/HD|
|BKM-220D||SD-SDI 4:2:2||SMPTE 259M||SD-SDI (x2)||SD-SDI (x1)||Not available|
|BKM-256DD||DVI-D||DVI||DVI-D (x1)||DVD-D (x1)||Not available|
|BKM-227W||Composite/S-Video||NTSC/PAL||Composite (x1) S-Video (x1)||Composite (x1)
|BKM-229X||Analog Component||RGB Analog/YPbPr Analog||RGB, Y/Pb/Pr (x1)||External sync (x1)||Not available|
If you require additional inputs, such as 3G-SDI or an additional Composite input, you can order the standard version of the LMD-1951MD and add the corresponding video card. Please contact ERI about ordering these accessory video boards.
If you cannot afford to be without your device while it is being serviced by either Sony or ERI, the hotswap program provides next day replacement support. If your device breaks during your hotwap period, simply call ERI and we will send you a replacement device for delivery the next morning. Please note that by virtue of choosing a two-year hotswap service, you have also extended your factory warranty by one-year.
- 19" SXGA Monitor 1280x1024
- Displays 700+ TV Lines of horizontal resolution
- Capable of 24V operation with optional external power supply
- Variety of optional input adapters
- The LMD-1951MD is UL60601-1 listed and complies with CSA22.2 No.60601 and EN60601-1 safety regulations making it suitable for use in medical applications.
AC and DC Operation
- The LMD-1951MD can be operated with both AC and DC power sources depending on installation requirements. With the optional AC-110MD AC adapter, the monitor can be deployed wherever AC power is supplied.
ChromaTRU Color Processing
- For the highest level of color-reproduction accuracy, every LCD panel used in the LMD-1951MD is precisely color calibrated at the factory, providing consistent characteristics. This technology offers color consistency among other monitors for critical observations.
High Clarity & Contrast
- The LMD-1951MD incorporates an extremely bright LCD panel with a 5:4 aspect ratio and a robust multi-layer AR-coated protection layer. This coating minimizes the damage caused by accidental scratching of the panel and reduces the reflection from ambient light to a minimum. As a result, when used in bright lighting conditions, high contrast is maintained even in dark areas of the picture. This panel features a high contrast ratio of 600:1.
10-bit Signal Processing
- By adopting a newly designed full 10-bit digital video signal processor, this unit provides accurate lifelike images with smooth and natural gradation. Conventional 8-bit LCD monitors inherently exhibit color shift; however the LMD-1950MD with its 10-bit processing minimizes this and displays accurate color reproduction with consistent color temperature throughout the grayscale.
- The LMD-1951MD achieves the IPX1 standard, which indicates a higher level of protection from drips, leaks, and spills.
- The LMD-1951MD can accept a variety of signals ranging from SD to HD video, analog VGA to SXGA, as well as DVI-D input. In addition to its standard inputs, 4 types of optional input adapters are offered for use in its two rear slots. This allows multiple signal sources from a variety of equipment to be connected and monitored simply by selecting them via the input button on the front panel.
Memory for 20 users
- The User Memory functionality provides the capability of saving 20 patterns of memory settings. This allows users easily to set, save, and recall their preferred picture settings using an assigned user name. In addition, factory default settings can instantly be recalled by the touch of two buttons. The following parameters can be saved: Color temperature, Brightness, Contrast, Chroma, Phase, Aperture, Gamma, Aspect, Scan, Picture Delay Minimum, User Memory Name, User Color Temperature. Instant access to most of these controls is available from the buttons on the front bezel, as well as the OSD menu, which is provided in 7 languages
- Complying with the VESA standards of 100 mm hole spacing, the LMD-1951MD can easily be mounted on a surgical equipment arm, rack, cart or wall.
- Resolution: SXGA (1280 x 1024)
- Effective Picture Size (W x H): Approx. 14 7/8 x 11 7/8 inches (376mm x 301mm)
- Aspect: 5:4
- Colors: Approx. 16.7 million colors
- Viewing Angle: 178º/178º (typical, contrast > 10:1)
- Composite: BNC (x1), 1.0Vp-p ±3dB, sync negative
- Y/C: 4pin Mini DIN (x1); Y: 1.0 Vp-p ±3dB sync negative; C: 0.286 Vp-p ±3dB (NTSC), 0.3 Vp-p ±3dB (PAL)
- Component/RGB: BNC (x 3); Component: 0.7 Vp-p ±3dB; (75% chrominance standard color bar signal) RGB: 0.7 Vp-p ±3dB (Sync On Green, 0.3 Vp-p, sync negative)
- Ext. Sync: BNC (x 1); 0.3 to 4.0 Vp-p ±bipolarity ternary or negative polarity binary
- Computer: DVI-D (x 1): TMDS single link
- HD15: D-sub 15pin (x 1); 0.7 Vp-p,sync positive (Sync On Green, 0.3 Vp-p, sync negative); Sync: TTL level (polarity free, H/V separate sync); Plug & Play function: corresponds to DDC-2B
- Optional: 2 slots; Signal format: H 15 to 45 kHz, V 48 to 60 Hz
- DC IN DC 5 V/24 V (output impedance 0.05 or less)
- Parallel: Modular 8-pin (x 1)
- Serial: D-sub 9-pin (RS-232C) (x 1); RJ-45 modular (ETHERNET) (x 1)
- Composite: BNC (x 1), Loop-through, 75 ohm automatic termination
- Y/C: 4-pin mini-DIN (x 1), Loop-through, 75 ohm automatic termination
- Component/RGB: BNC (x 3), Loop-through, 75 ohm automatic termination
- Ext. Sync: BNC (x 1), Loop-through, 75 ohm automatic termination
- Power Consumption: Maximum: Approx. 85 W (with 2 x BKM-229X)
- Power Requirements: AC 100V to 240V, 50/60 Hz, 0.92A - 0.40A, DC 24V 3.5A, 5V 0.030A
- AC Adapter: Sony AC-110MD (optional)
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 35 °C (32 to 95 °F), Recommended: 20 to 30 °C (68 to 86 °F)
- Operating Humidity: 30% to 85% (no condensation)
- Storage & Transport Temperature: -20 to 60 °C (-4 to 140 °F)
- Storage & Transport Humidity: 0 to 90 % (no condensation)
- Operating, Storage, and Transport Pressure: 700 to 1060 hPa
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 455.8 x 368.3 x 101.7 mm (18 x 14 5/8 x 4 1/8 inches) (without a stand); Approx. 455.8 x 435.7 x 302 mm (18 x 17 1/4 x 12 inches) (with option SU-560 stand);
- Weight: Approx 6.7kg (14 lb 12 oz)
- Supplied Accessories: AC power cord, AC plug holder, Instructions for Use, CD-ROM (Operating instructions), Using the CD-ROM manual, Quick Reference, When You First Use The Monitor booklet, Sales Company Guide