Welcome to a new realm of surgical clarity, accuracy, and brilliance. Introducing Sony’s PVM-2551MD much anticipated 25-inch medical OLED monitor, featuring TRIMASTER EL technology, for a wide variety of endoscopic and surgical applications. OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) is the next-generation flat-panel screen technology with exceptional image quality which outperforms liquid crystal display (LCD).
For more than 20 years, Sony has been a trusted and reliable source for surgeons, offering high-quality monitors with exceptional picture quality for a variety of surgical endoscopic and laparoscopic camera applications. The groundbreaking invention of Sony’s original OLED panel together with a newly developed dedicated OLED processor establishes a new, improved standard of surgical image viewing.
The standard version of the PVM-2551MD can accept the following inputs: DVI-D, VGA Connector (HD15), Component/RGB, S-Video (Y/C), and Composite. In addition to these five inputs, up to two additional input boards can be installed to expand the PVM-2551MD's video input capabilities.
The following input boards are available:
|Video Board||Video Type||Specification/Standard||Input Connector(s)||Output Connector(s)||Factory Bundle|
|BKM-250TG||3G-SDI||SMPTE 424M||3G/HD/SD-SDI (x2)||3G/HD/SD-SDI (x2)||PVM-2551MD/3G|
|BKM-243HS||HD-SDI/SD-SDI||SMPTE 292M (HD-SDI)
SMPTE 259M (SD-SDI)
|HD-SDI/SD-SDI (x2)||HD-SDI/SD-SDI (x1)||PVM-2551MD/HD|
|BKM-220D||SD-SDI 4:2:2||SMPTE 259M||SD-SDI (x2)||SD-SDI (x1)||Not available|
|BKM-256DD||DVI-D||DVI||DVI-D (x1)||DVD-D (x1)||Not available|
|BKM-227W||Composite/S-Video||NTSC/PAL||Composite (x1) S-Video (x1)||Composite (x1)
|BKM-229X||Analog Component||RGB Analog/YPbPr Analog||RGB, Y/Pb/Pr (x1)||External sync (x1)||Not available|
Please contact ERI about ordering these accessory video boards.
- 25-inch Full HD OLED panel 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Virtually no motion blur
- Features Sony Trimaster EL OLED Technonolgy
- Response time more than 10 times faster than standard LCD technology
- Displays the largest color range of any Sony monitor previously offered
- Two Built-in Option Slots: to easily expand, select, and change input/output signals via optional input adapter boards
- 16:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio: larger field of view for better visibility of surgical area and full screen display of HD signal
- Touch-activated Picture Controls: located on front bezel, controls are backlit when activated; provides a simple user interface
- VESA Mounting: complies with the 100mm hole spacing VESA mounting standard
- 24/5V DC Operation Capability
- Three year manufacturer's warranty
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD Resolution
- Sony’s development of innovative OLED technology establishes an advanced level of critical-image monitoring. The PVM-2551MD features a full HD OLED panel using Sony’s unique “Super Top Emission” structure and also comes equipped with an advanced processor that brings out the full performance of the OLED. This combination delivers deep, rich blacks, high-contrast accurate color reproduction, and a response time of more than 10 times faster than standard LCD which minimizes motion blur. The PVM-2551MD also features a wide color gamut for extremely accurate and natural color reproduction, so your field of operation is exposed with a new clarity as you work, extending the boundaries of your surgical vision.
- Safety Listing and Compliance
- The PVM-2551MD complies with medical safety regulations UL60601-1 for the U.S. and CSA C22.2 No.601.1 for Canada, making it suitable for professional medical applications. Its flat surface panel is also designed to be easily wiped clean for sanitary and safety conditions in the OR. Front panel flat-surface buttons allow for easy wiping of the control buttons and OLED panels.
- Direct input selection for quick change.
- This feature allows users to switch image sources during a procedure simply by pressing input select buttons on the front panel.
- Easy inputs and expandability
- This medical monitor is equipped with a variety of video inputs including Composite, Y/C, RGB/Component, HD15, and DVI-D as standard. Furthermore, two built-in option ports greatly expand the range of input signals this monitor can accept. These ports allow users to easily select and change input/output signals for greater flexibility via a variety of available option boards.
- Sleek flat-panel design
- The monitor’s display surface and bezel (frame) around its periphery are completely flat, and the rounded corners of the chassis offer clean operation while preventing dust build-up. The splash-proof design of the chassis top prevents blood or drug solutions from entering the monitor. In addition, the protection panel helps reduce damage from accidental impact and the effects of reflection of ambient light. The PVM-2551MD complies with the 100 x 100 mm hole spacing VESA-mounting standard.
- Wide color gamut
- Sony’s OLED technology displays the largest color range of any Sony monitor previously offered. Sony’s micro-cavity structure uses an optical resonance effect in combination with accurate color filters to calibrate and stabilize RGB color accuracy. This combination is also effective in reducing ambient light reflection, and consequently deep color reproduction can be achieved with virtually no degradation, particularly in bright environments. OLED’s wider color gamut and superb color reproduction, together with a 10-bit panel driver for each RGB color, provides smooth and accurate image reproduction.
- 10 times faster than LCD minimizing motion blur.
- OLED technology allows for amazingly quick response time for fast-moving images so that you see the quick motion of surgical instruments and hands in fluidity, without stressful picture blur. Because the OLED electroluminescent layer inherently responds to any electrical current input, it emits light one thousand times faster than LCD technology. This gives you the efficient, blur-free pictures that are critical for medical procedures.
- VESA Mounting
- Accommodates standard VESA mounting schemes so existing mounting accessories can be used.
- Multiple Preset Signal Configurations
- Designed to match various endoscopic camera system specifications for convenient and easy setup
- 20 User Memory Settings
- Custom settings for up to 20 individuals; maximizes usability.
- Key Lock Control Button
- Helps prevent unintentional setting changes from occurring during procedures
- Panel: OLED panel
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD)
- Picture size (diagonal): 24 5/8 inches (623.4 mm)
- Effective Picture Size (W x H): 21 1/2 x 12 1/8 inches (543.4 x 305.6 mm)
- Aspect: 16:9
- Colors: Approx. 1,073,700,000 colors (10-bits)
- Composite: BNC (x1), 1.0Vp-p ±3dB, sync negative
- Y/C: 4pin Mini DIN (x1); Y: 1.0 Vp-p ±3dB sync negative; C: 0.286 Vp-p ±3dB (NTSC), 0.3 Vp-p ±3dB (PAL)
- Component/RGB: BNC (x 3); Component: 0.7 Vp-p ±3dB; (75% chrominance standard color bar signal) RGB: 0.7 Vp-p ±3dB (Sync On Green, 0.3 Vp-p, sync negative)
- Ext. Sync: BNC (x 1); 0.3 to 4.0 Vp-p ±bipolarity ternary or negative polarity binary
- Computer: DVI-D (x 1): TMDS single link
- HD15: D-sub 15pin (x 1); 0.7 Vp-p,sync positive (Sync On Green, 0.3 Vp-p, sync negative); Sync: TTL level (polarity free, H/V separate sync); Plug & Play function: corresponds to DDC-2B
- Optional: 2 slots; Signal format: H 15 to 45 kHz, V 48 to 60 Hz
- DC IN DC 5 V/24 V (output impedance 0.05 or less)
- Parallel: Modular 8-pin (x 1)
- Serial: D-sub 9-pin (RS-232C) (x 1); RJ-45 modular (ETHERNET) (x 1)
- Composite: BNC (x 1), Loop-through, 75 ohm automatic termination
- Y/C: 4-pin mini-DIN (x 1), Loop-through, 75 ohm automatic termination
- Component/RGB: BNC (x 3), Loop-through, 75 ohm automatic termination
- Ext. Sync: BNC (x 1), Loop-through, 75 ohm automatic termination
- Power Consumption: Maximum: Approx. 135 W
- Power Requirements: AC 100V to 240V, 50/60 Hz, 1.53A, DC 24V 5.0A, 5V 0.060A
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 35 °C (32 to 95 °F), Recommended: 20 to 30 °C (68 to 86 °F)
- Operating Humidity: 30 to 85 % (no condensation)
- Storage & Transport Temperature: -20 to 60 °C (-4 to 140 °F)
- Storage & Transport Humidity: 0 to 90 % (no condensation)
- Operating, Storage, and Transport Pressure: 700 to 1060 hPa
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 24 3/8 x 14 7/8 x 4 1/8 inches (618.4 x 376 x 102.1 mm) (without a stand); 24 3/8 x 18 5/8 x 12 inches (618.4 x 471.5 x 302 mm) (with SU-560 optional stand)
- Weight: 17 lb 14 oz (8.1 kg) (when the optional stand and the input adaptor are not installed); 18 lb 12 oz (8.5 kg)(when the optional stand is not installed and two BKM-229X are installed)
- Supplied Accessories: AC adaptor, AC power cord, AC plug holder, Instructions for Use, CD-ROM (Operating instructions), Using the CD-ROM manual, Quick Reference, When You First Use The Monitor booklet, Sales Company Guide,Warranty card
- Optional Accessories: SDI 4:2:2 input adaptor (BKM-220D) (1), HD/D1-SDI input adaptor (BKM-243HS) (1), NTSC/PAL input adaptor (BKM-227W) (1), Analog component input adaptor (BKM-229X) (1), 3G/HD/SDI input adaptor (BKM-250TG) (1), DVI-D input adaptor (BKM-256DD) (1), Monitor stand (SU-560) (1)