Sony is pleased to introduce the UP-X898MD black and white hybrid video graphic printer. The UP-X898MD is designed specifically for use with medical diagnostic equipment, such as ultrasound systems. As a hybrid printer, it can hook up to both an analog video source (BNC connection), and digital source (USB).
The printer includes a USB interface that allows the user to capture images that are printed and store them on a small, portable USB storage device. High quality, photo-like prints are output in just approximately 1.9 seconds. The UP-X898MD is extremely small and light weight. For an additional convenience, the UP-X898MD adds a jog dial to the front panel for easy operation and uses the same media as the UP-897 series printers.
With support for both digital (USB) and analog (BNC) video, the UP-X898MD is a suitable replacement for the UP-897MD and the UP-D897MD series printers.
This option extends the manufacturer's warranty by either 1 or 2 years depending on the option chosen. During the first year of ownership, Sony Medical provides warranty support. After the first year, ERI provides warranty support.
If you cannot afford to be without your device while it is being serviced by either Sony or ERI, the hotswap program provides next day replacement support. If your device breaks during your hotwap period, simply call ERI and we will send you a replacement device for delivery the next morning. Please note that by virtue of choosing a two-year hotswap service, you have also extended your factory warranty by one-year.
- Ideal for ultrasound printing
- Hybrid - accepts both analog and digital signal input
- Unique built-in digital capture enables you to store images on a connected USB drive
- User-friendly controls on front panel with addition of jog dial
- Fast print speed - approximately 1.9 seconds in high speed mode
- Uses the same media as the UP-897 series printers: UPP-110S/5, UPP-110HD, UPP-110HG
- World-wide power supply - AC 100 - 120V, 220 - 240V 50/60 HZ
- Backwards combatible with systems hosting UP-897MD and UP-D897 printers
- Resolution: 325 DPI
- Gradation: True 256 gray balance
- Effective Print Pixels: 4096 x 1280 (max)
- Picture Size: Approx. 3.9" x 2.9" (75 x 100 mm) (4:3) / Approx. 3.9" x 3.9" (100 x 100 mm) (1:1)
- Print Speed: Approximately 2.0 seconds (High Speed Mode)
- Interface: Analog BNC Connection and USB Computer Connection
- Memory: 10 Frames
- Printing Method: Direct Thermal Printing
- Power Requirements: AC 100 - 120V, 50/60Hz, 1.5A to 0.8A
- Dimensions: Approx. 6.1"(W) x 3.5"(H) x 9.5"(D) / Approx. 154 (W) x 88 (H) x 240 (D) mm
- Weight: Approx. 5.8 lbs.
- Supported Operating Systems (when connected via USB):
- Windows 8/8.1 (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32/64-bit)
- Windows XP (32/64-bit)
- Printer Drivers: http://www.sony.net/Products/DP-driver/medical_printer/UP-D898MD_UP-X898MD/index.html
- Supplied Accessories:
- AC Power Cord
- Operation Manual (CD-ROM)
- Thermal Head Cleaning Sheet
- UPP-110HG Media (1 roll)